Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blurr reincarnated, with Arcee to boot

In either 2009 or 2010 I found a new version of Autobot Blurr that I felt ,finally, truly was an homage to Blurr seem in the original Movie. I knew that there was a Toys R Us exclusive Arcee that would complement Blurr if I ever found her. Both of these new versions of classic characters were from the aptly named, Transformers Animated series. Blurr was once again a elegant and sleek toy in both robot and vehicle form. His articulation was of modern quality meaning as a robot he was allowed the free flowing movement of an action figure. This is of course leaps and bounds over the vintage Transformers who basically, merely resembled robots, but failed miserably on the articulation front. I'd say that within 6 or 7 months of finding this Transfomrers Animated edition of Blurr, I found the elusive Arcee exclusive. These two bots form the core of my limited modern collection of Transformers. I think they are probably two of the best Transformer toys I have ever owned thanks to their sleek forms, clever Movie homage robot forms, and nicely designed packaging. I look forward to owning them for decades to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment