Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wreck Gar lands from the planet of Junkion

Well I was out at Toys R Us today to see if any G.I.Joe Pursuit of Cobra figures came into stock. To my utter astonishment there was a fresh case on the shelves. While I was debating whether to pick up the new Destro or the older Dusty figure to even up my score, since it was 2/$10.99, I came upon Wreck-Gar. Wreck-Gar was voiced by Eric Idle in Transformers the Movie (1986), and hailed from the junk planet, Junkion. This "reveal the shield" incarnation is a decent homage to the original design. Actually probably more than decent since I don't buy many Transformers these days. Upon spotting him I had to bring him home, and heck he was on sale for $7.99. I haven't opened him just yet, but I think he will fit in nicely with my Blur and Arcee from Transformers Animated (which are also both nice tributes to their original movie forms).  Now I need a good Hot Rod, Springer, and Kup to round out my modern collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment