Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gotta catch ‘em all! (Again)


Gotta catch ‘em all! Ah, I had hoped the best of my Pokemon years were behind me, but a surprise whammy hit me today. I have at least one friend with the new 3DS and I assume he has either Pokemon Black and or White.  Well my DS was sold off a while ago, but I own a Gameboy Advance I picked up on impulse for $25 the other month.  So while I was pre-ordering LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (namely for the free Jack Sparrow minifigure), I asked about GBA Pokemon games like Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire. My Jaw dropped when I looked at these beat up loose cartridges, $29.99, $34.99, or $39.99. Am I living in some weird Negaverse. There must be millions of copies of these games on the market…. Ah I guess I never figured Video Games could have a “collector’s value”  even though it’s second nature to me that toys fluctuate wildly in price over time. So I guess I’m not playing Pokemon on GBA as an alternative to the DS.
I did however make a Pokemon purchase today, adorable plush from Diamond and Pearl (I did play Pearl). They were dirt cheap so I bought a box, for nearly half the price of one of those GBA carts. I feel all Poke-warm inside. I still miss the hey-day of Pokemon at the turn of the millennium, but times passes, so it’s time to learn some new names.

No comments:

Post a Comment