Friday, April 1, 2011

Custom LEGO Avatars

One of the practical upshots of having too many LEGO minifigure parts laying around is that you start to imagine you and your friends as LEGO guys. This happened to me again this week when I looked at the parts of the Series 3 collection. Seeing as I had no interest in the Aviator character, I noticed that his jacket matched my friend Ken's jacket. So I thought to myself, what else would I need to make a custom avatar of Ken. My brother and I brainstormed a little. We determined he needed a black knit cap, check, a head with an eye patch, check, and black slacks, check. My brother provided everything outside the jacket, with the eye patch head being from a classic Pirates head from like 20 years ago. The black knit cap came from a 2011 set off a crook in a cops n crooks set. Some old used black legs completed the figure. We presented the figure to Ken, and he was overjoyed. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't appreciate a toy version of themselves. I now am of course obligated to make more friends, and I am looking forward to it. I know my friend's Waylon and Anna display their LEGO avatar figures from like 7 years ago in a knick knack shelf at their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment