Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wonka's Bottle Caps, the 80's never tasted better!

So my buddy, TK, and I went over to Walmart in Eastlake, because it was late at night and we had nothing to do. They had a decent selection of the new Transformers 3 toys, though I passed on them. While we were in the electronics section I mentioned how I hadn't seen the latest entry in the Predator franchise, Predators. At $9 it was still a pass up item, as it didn't seem to have the greatest number of  features. I will check it out at "The Exchange" sometime in the next few weeks. The Exchange is our local buy, sell, and trade store. Sometimes they have very reasonable prices, that's where I got my copy of Pokemon Sapphire for $15 the other month.

Anyways I saw a dump bin of theater box size candies including: "Wonka's Bottle Caps". I haven't had these since I was a kid. I happily bought myself a box and it is practically gone already, although I have been sharing them. If you have never had these before, I assure you they are part of the flavorscape that was the candy aisle in the 80's. A true retro experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment