Friday, February 25, 2011

"He's no good to me dead." -Boba Fett

My first Star Wars memory was watching the "Making of Star Wars" at my local library. I was most likely around 5 years old. The next  memory was my mom bestowing upon my older brother and I a small handful of action figures, possibly a pair of figures for each of us. They were most likely Boba Fett, Bespin Luke, Hoth Han, and C-3PO with removable limbs. My two older brothers were always more "outdoorsy", going around and getting into and out of trouble in the neighborhood, so it wasn't long before all the figures were mine. I took a liking to the figures, so much so that my older brother threatened to destroy Boba Fett with a lighter, that figure has a partially melted foot to this day. I would go on to have quite a few Star Wars figures, especially from Return of the Jedi. Out of the first batch though I have to admit that the C-3PO was my favorite. He had a few things going for him as far as an action figure is concerned: 1. He was a frickin' robot 2. you could take off his arms and legs without destroying the figure & 3. He was vac-metalized in a gold like finish. Plus at this time I hadn't seen a movie to know just how much of a crying sissy-pants the character was. A wealth of information about Star Wars, toys past and present, is available in the photo archive at Rebelscum.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment