Thursday, July 14, 2011

Transformers Dark of the Moon Toys R Us Scan Series 1


I've always been a fan of transparent toys, much more so than say, gold painted toys. This has been this way for a while, but the first toy I can think of that this really worked for was the mail-away Predator from Kenner's Aliens & Predators line. In that case it made a lot of sense, seeing as the Predator can cloak himself. With these two new Autobots, I think it's very cool that they represent the "scanning" and reformatting to earth vehicles, as seen in the first film. This series also is a fitting tribute to the reformatting sequence in the original Animated Movie. I am a big fan of the scene where Unicron re-formats the Decepticons and they change to a grid-like silhouette then take on there new forms. I think it would be awesome if Hasbro ever decided to make toys based on that scene using the technique used on this new Scan Series of figures.

After debating about it for a couple of weeks, I broke down and bought my first two Transformers Dark of the Moon figures. Since Toys R Us had a sale for buy 1 get 1 half off, I decided this was the week to add some 'bots to my collection. I passed on these guys the first time they were on sale. Then I checked these out online and there is supposed to be a second wave, which helped me want the first wave even more. Then I glanced at them a few times over the last couple of weeks. I figured that since I kept looking at these guys I must want them, so with the sale that started this week I figured I best get them before they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment